VINTAGE


VINTAGE

Drain the bread
divide the water!

Turn your face to me
like turning the water to the garden,

stick your eyelashes in my gloom

and teach me the madness,
because I am so bored
because of always carrying my mind with me!

If I knew the nicotine would go crazy without me
believe, I would go away
by stepping on the words.

Forgive me,
if it is a gloom called vintage
which suits to me!

RUSEN HAKKI
(1936-2011)
(Translated from Turkish by Serkan Engin)

*

BAĞBOZUMU

Ekmeği akıt 
suyu böl! 

Suyu bahçeye çevirir gibi 
yüzünü bana çevir, 

kirpiklerini batır hüznüme 

ve öğret bana deliliği, 
çünkü çok bunaldım 
aklımı hep yanımda taşımaktan! 

Bilsem bensiz çıldıracak nikotin 
inan, çeker giderdim 
üstüne basa basa sözcüklerin. 

Beni bağışla, 
adı bağbozumu olan 
bir hüzünse bana yakışan!

RUŞEN HAKKI

Comments